- Parent Category: News
- Created on Thursday, 09 July 2015 10:34
- Published on Thursday, 09 July 2015 10:34
- Written by Micheal J Walsh
Education ServiceRemember Education does not have to be all about sitting in a room and looking at a book. Many of you will be aware of Mr. Pat Sheehan, a wonderful asset and supporter of our organisation who can facilitate educational opportunities for you and your family. So please have a read, you'll be surprised what can be done!!!!
Adult Education is more open than it has ever been.
Many adults go on short courses for different reasons, some of which are:
- A person wants to learn about using computers, the internet, e-mailing, booking holidays, keeping in touch with relatives and friends abroad with Skype. Learn how to Text.
- Wants to pay Motor Tax online or practise the Driving Theory Test. Apply for Driving Licence.
- Wants to improve their chances of finding a job or a better job
- Wants to improve their reading, writing, spelling, filling out forms
- Wants help with numbers
- Wants to improve their communication skills
- Wants a hobby
There are places available on the Art Class in St John’s College every Thursday at 10am. This Art Class is now 14 years in operation. Beginners are always welcome to try it out.
There are now more opportunities than ever in education. There are more courses available. There are more places offering courses such as Community Centres, Adult Education Centres, Colleges for Adults.
If you want any help for yourself or any of your relatives finding a course or advice on a course, or on funding and fees, a good place to start would be to contact Pat Sheehan (ETB Education Facilitator) to make an appointment to see him. Pat works exclusively with Adults who were in the Industrial Schools and their relatives. The appointment can take place in the ETB offices in Lavitt’s Quay, in the Right of Place offices on the Lower Glanmire Road or at a more convenient location for you.
Contact Pat the following ways:
Phone Right of Place offices (021)4551377 or Low Call 1890 200709 and leave a message.
Phone Pat directly on (086) 4073023
Phone the ETB offices on (021)4856363, ask for Pat or leave a message